The Belly of the Whale

.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Tippin' Caps:

Lately I've been doing a lot of shameless self promotion, and I started to feel a bit gross about that. At the same time I've been constantly looking at everyone's art, daily despite updates coming once a week or so, and I've been getting really excited about what people are up to. So, as a way for me to reverse my promotional sins, I give you Other People

All these folks are great friends and fantastic artists.

http://chrisjpianka.blogspot.com/
Chris is a talented animator and inspired thinker. The hellish hours of research he performs show up in his work. (also a great illustrator, though he wont admit it.)


http://aaronmberger.blogspot.com/

Aaron is an oil painter and we aren't sure what else. Art seems to consume him, but we let it happen. It tends to be a good thing, though he has gone wayward in the past...

http://eriklomenart.blogspot.com/
Erik is into a lot of things. He is currently working on a mural outside Montserrat College of Art. He works with print, paint and photo. He is a great writer with connections to North Shore poets.
He owns two cats.

An of course,
http://kevinartmonkey.blogspot.com/
Most know him as as the man with the jolly mustache, but in fact he is continuously receiving praise from teachers and students, artists and non-artists, for his illustration work. Much to my rivalry's chagrin, I must tip my cap to him time and again. Credit where its due, and it certainly is.


Thats all for now. There will be more next time I get all soggy. Dont judge me, just look at their work yeah?



May you live 100 years with one more to repent.
~Irish Proverb



mv

6 comments:

  1. may you live 100 years in heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the promo, the description is honest atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much for the kind words sir, and when i have time breathe/think/eat i'll squeeze /updateblog on there for you, because like you i also enjoy seeing what everybody else is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo well thanks so much you charming young lad! Lots os love from the bev! -erik

    ReplyDelete